The Corrective Foal Boot is designed to be used in all fetlocks for:
- Correction of Flexural Limb Deformities or contracted tendons
- Correction of Angular Limb Deformities or toe-in / toe-out conditions
- Prevention of acquired retraction due to pain-post-injury
- Permanent or temporary immobilization of the distal limb
(for better management of fractures, tendon or ligament injuries
- Outside boot material: Fiber Glass and Resins
- Joints material Joints: Nautical Stainless Steel
- Inside material: High-density foam
- Weight: 1200 gram
- Height: 38 cm
Every year, thousands of foals are born with flexural or angular limb deformities or deviations at the carpus or fetlocks level – hindering them from reaching their optimal performance level later in life. The Corrective Boot is designed mainly to correct young foals’ problems. Therefore, the earlier you use them (days or weeks), the higher you expect results.
- The Foal boot is a ‘one size fits all’ for foals up to approximately 90 days based on the size and breed.
- It will fit most Thoroughbred, Polo & Quarter horse foals of average size up to over two months old.
- For regular size Warmblood foals, it can fit up to 1,5 months old.
- The limiting aspect regarding the size will be at the level of the fetlock articulation. Usually, the feet are not a problem. It will depend not only on the foal’s size but also on the leg’s condition (probably a swelling is in the way).
- You can remove the inner layers if you need that extra space, both of them at the time or just the front one or the back one. If you do this, then you have to compensate by using more bandaging inside. In some cases, you can trim the toe and gain more space inside the foot area.
- Foals can use two RedBoots or braces simultaneously with no problem and learn to stand up with them.
- Some bilateral conditions use only one boot or brace for 4-5 hours in one limb and then on the other one, and some cases will benefit immediately by using a boot in each limb simultaneously.
These are just guidelines, and each case is different, and the only experience will determine what’s best.
“We are pleased with the RedBoots. They are superb for young foals with flexural deformities and very easy to use at events.”
Paardenkliniek De Watermolen B.V.
– C.J.W. (Carmen) Scheffer