The Articulated Corrective Brace is used for:
- Correction of Flexural Limb Deformities or contracted tendons
- Correction of Angular Limb Deformities or Carpus Varus/Valgus
- Revention of acquired full limb retractions (due to pain)
- Permanent or temporary immobilization of the whole limb
- Outside boot material: Fiber Glass and Resins
- Joints material Joints: Nautical Stainless Steel
- Inside material: High-density foam
- Regular : weight 1850 gram | height 65 cm
- Large : weight 2200 gram | height 70 cm
The Fetlock Brace comes in 2 sizes. One is the regular model and covers all the average Thoroughbred, Polo & Quarter horse foals, and the other is large for most Warmblood foals. As a guide, order the regular for smaller breeds and the large for bigger ones, but the difference is not strictly by species but by the foal and age. The large boot is just one cm wider in the carpus and 3 cm taller. The fetlock and foot area is similar. In small foals, the problem is that the brace is too tall and touches the thorax behind the elbow. A trick for this is to get a round piece of wood or hard rubber approximately 3 cm thick and place it inside the brace on the floor of the foot area, and it will lift the foal when it stands on it. The difference in the hoof and fetlock area you can correct if needed with more bandaging.
The RedBoot collection was developed by equine veterinarian Dr A. Almanza in Argentina. At Podoblock, we work collectively with professionals in the sector to carry the best products for our customers.
For more corrective boots and braces, see here.