Advanced training in musculoskeletal and medical sport conditions of horses
Identification and management of cardiovascular abnormalities leading to poor performance
in sport horses
Podoblock is an annual sponsor of the Advanced Training modules, and we will be supplying various products to use in practical demonstration.
- To identify the diagnostic tools used to investigate cardiac conditions affecting performance.
- Know in detail the thoracic points of auscultation of the normal and suspect cardiac diseased horse
- Interpret and grade cardiac murmurs and arrythmias
- Know the indications, principles, limitations and interpretation of an electrocardiogram
- Know the indications, principles, limitations and interpretation of mobile cardiac telemetry
- Know the indications, principles, limitations and interpretation of equine echocardiography and doppler use
- To know the standardised placement of electrodes in horses for electrocardiography/telemetry and the corresponding readings
- To learn in practice how to place and orient the probe in order to obtain reference images and be able to interpret correctly the observed cardiac anatomy in echocardiography
- To learn in practice how to perform a scan using M-Mode and Doppler in echocardiography
- Know how to establish a reliable prognosis for a heart diseased horse according to its use
- Be aware of the current accepted available therapeutic management strategies and their possibilities for the heart diseased horse
- Take part in active cardiac case discussions